Saturday

Friday 19 April: OMG! I'm in love with Jesus!



00:36
I mean he was fit. The most beautiful man I've ever seen in any movie. When he wasn't covered in blood. Loads of people fancied him in the Thin Red Line. He was the guy on the island at the end. Then, make him a really nice guy in The Passion. Absolutely gorgeous. Good with his hands. He loves his mother. He'd do anything for you. OMG! I'm in love with Jesus!
07:10
Greetings, Dublin. A new day dawns.
08:00
It's a different domain as the Good Day breaks. The hush puppies shuffle in silent droves along the quays to get to work. There's no bus because of a strike. The tram is jammers. Smug 07 saloon-car owners pull up and hog the spot. Angry drivers parp at cyclists. I didn't say it was a better city. I just said different.

09.00
1989 Gun turret explosion on giant US battleship USS Iowa kills 47 sailors


10:06
Those smug advertorial flyers they shove in the door stuffing up the footfalls in the hall are called "election literature." I have a mobile phone video of a young man pulling down his trousers, I call it "cinema".
10:33
Electoral debates (sinusoidal):
I DID NOT INTERRUPT YOU!
I DID NOT INTERRUPT YOU!
I DID NOT ITERRUPT YOU!
PAT PLEBISCITE: If you want to make a point you have to wait until the opponent has finished debating or else nobody will be able to hear.
POLITICAL LEADER: YEAH YEAH YEAH. Let him talk. I'll wait until he goes below the waist then I'll JUMP IN.
10:39
- I didn't interrupt you!
- You're interrupting me?
- No I'm not!
- Yes you are!
10:51
Revenue Commissioner have a new computer called REAP. Grim Reaper.
10:52
Hot money in the closet?

Taoiseach Bertie Ahern has returned to his hotel in Washington after he and his official party were evacuated for a time because of a fire alert.
10:54
The boys are speaking in unrhyme cliches. Time for classical music.
11:27
Too late:

A LEADING scientist has warned a new species of "humanzee," created from breeding apes with humans, could become a reality unless the government acts to stop scientists experimenting.
13:17
Best Day of the Year every Year Good Friday? What's got you so happy?
- Ah Easter. It's a time for revolution, comrade.
What do you think you'll be doing for a revolution this year, comrade?
- Why, celebrating Irish independence and the foundation of the Republic of Ireland by the heroes of Easter 1916, as is fitting, comrade.
Can you think of any way in which the "Republic of Ireland" represents a republic as envisioned by the men of 1916, or a republic of any fair description?
- That's not the point, comrade. Point is, I stacked up on cheap beer yesterday so everything is going to be all right.
13:21
Reporter: What will you be doing to celebrate the Easter Rising this year?
- 105-year old veteran of the Rebellion and the War of Independence: Sure, what is there to celebrate?
13:38
Dude from Glubbermnet keeps repeating himself. Dude from Glubbermnet keeps repeating himself. Is he a Lenihan? Is he a Lenihan?
14:21
Tarahenge. Did they not see it coming?
- Plough it bloody up! It takes me hours on the road every day.
16:22
Sunlight slices through the slatted shade calling me to impose order and redefine justice. I must avant.
17:11
Easter Rebellion 1916 = Beer Hall Putsch 1933.
17:29
Minister for Starched Cuffs is rolling up his sleeves and getting dug in. Some fucker has found a fucking fairy fort on the route of his his brand new M3 motorway. He turned the sod on his next u-turn yesterday.
17:36
"We're treating the problem. It was a Fine Gael council in place at the time and the planning was bunged, it's a well known fact. It's a fucking fairy fort."
17:39
"The yellow boxes were jammed. The drivers. I'm not blaming anybody. I'm a minister and it's an election so I must disguise my contempt for the three weeks. It's a live situation."
17:44 

"Not only did they tell me I couldn't do it, I told them I couldn't. Then I did it and I'll tell you now,  the toll bridge is a very good deal for the motorist."
- We took advice from consultants. 
"It's unquestionably the hard questions that I did. I've made a number of decisions people said I could never make. But, I changed my mind."
17:52
"E-voting gives a certain result. We need it. No regrets. I might have done another testing phase."
18:31
Better this, better that. None of this, none of that. The government isn't good, the government is the best.
23:04
They're all taking the credit for the peace process. Nobody taking credit for selling the Republic down the river?
[STOCKHOLM SYNDROME]

Stockholm syndrome, or capture–bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them.
23:44
- Inflation. Lack of food. Political oppression. Is there any hope?
The people of Zimbabwe have been under the same regime for 35 years. They're fucked.
- Will anybody be able to take him out?
Noh atall. 


USS Iowa explodsin April 19, 1989
USS Iowa issues broadside on the political hostage takers