Friday

Thursday 15 June: The art of a good flirt

01:07
Baby of about four walking around the middle of the Church Hill in her pyjamas at 12.30 am. Her dad caught her up, grabbed her in and was shouting. She started to cry. Baba.
08:45
When constant negative pressure is applied, a relationship implodes.
09:00
Soft bog, hard landing, 1919
1919 British aviators Alcock and Brown land in Clifden, Co. Galway bog to complete 16-hour, first ever non-stop trans-Atlantic air journey, begun in Newfoundland
11:46
Fed up with her terms and conditions for being alive. That's fucked up. There's all of this non-Buddhist affinity to smokescreen regulations - but there's no justification for them. So not only are the rules of the game arbitrary, ridiculous and unconfirmed, it is unknown why they exist at all.
13:33
A racket tumbles out of the radio and blows out my eardrums. Radio One's pensionable pay-rise incumbent news pro snickers. 'I miscued that, didn't I?'
13:47
Femme and beau assume the air who just got married and are relating our wedding experience. "We ticked all the boxes but something went wrong." They speak quickly because sooo much went wrong, so they have to go in and out of the infinite details. What happened before the guests arrived, what time the music started, the finance's friends and such and such and such. She speaks in an open-throated, low, I-gets-laid because I-got-married-recently voice.
13:49
BRIDE: [Na na naaa] then I booked him and sent a deposit. He confirmed and I booked. He gave me an address to send the cheque to. I actually sent it by registered post. Said nobody at that address. He said resend it, so I did. I made the cheque out to Shamus Famous. My friends said make sure you get a receipt, make sure you get a receipt. So I did. There was no problem with that.
JOERADIO: Roll on your lucky husband, there love.
(Bride cuts back in): Oh can I say something here -
GROOM: So oi was drinking coffee in the hotel waitin' for him, took the toime off work---
(Then she interrupts successfully): We actually rang him to arrange to meet him and made an appointment so that's how that happened.
13:56
GROOM (affected): And then I said “Would you like to have a cup of coffee? As long as you're ok for the wedding?" I had all the CDs for our first dance. We're 80s kids me self and Bridie and I had them all ready two sets of CDs said we'll have two forms of entertainment on the night and -
JOERADIO: Just to move it on -
GROOM: And I was joking with him saying I hope you turn up now he said I'll be there at five I'll have it all done. The day went well we had a ceremony in Celbridge a fantastic day the moment we walked into the hotel room we looked up to where the DJ was supposed to be and it was a blank table we looked at each other and went "Oh-My-GOD!"
14:13
CALLER 3: Getting married in October. So far have spent 15 thousand.
14:20
CALLER 4: I think a man should pay for everything.
EXPERT: Average cost of 34000 euro.
CALLER 4: I'm the only girl so I think he's getting away with murder if that's all he has to pay. It includes a round the world trip.
14:48
ADIO: Invest in Poland. We can own them and they're a big country. Call this number now.
15:02
Bunch of pregnancy test kits recalled as they may give false negatives. "Surprise!"
15:27
Money can't buy you happiness. But 85k helps.
16:16
The art of a good flirt is to listen first.
16:48
Adverse possession = squatting.
16:57
Out I go to see the recruiting agent. Analyst required on contract for a major project of some description. If I rewire my phone to taze me, I'll be able to feign interest.
19:18
The survey says you would have to visit North Africa to find a capital city as dirty as Dublin.
23:52
Facebook sluts with their 500 pages of close friends. And me trawling them. They're all dogs anyway. It's the right thing to do. The last couple of weeks the whole thing has collapsed in on my head I'm sick of it. Who's that who's her friend? He's new. Have to cancel the ring. I mean, who am I kidding? Defriend.